1.28.2008

The Moe Man

A long day starts off slowly.
Today I begin my final days at the job where I have been employed for three years. Orientation begins for my new job next Monday. It is an odd feeling I have. Next Monday will be the first time in a long time that I will arrive to work and have no idea what I am supposed to do. This makes me weary, and at the same time excited. I wish I were downright upset or either or exceedingly giddy. but I am in-between those just trying to grapple with this new change. I know I will learn all the skills I need to perform my job as expected, but I am not used to this. Day after day I went to work, it was easy really. Serve customers, make those customers happy, teach new folks how to perform their job well. And now it is slowly winding down.

I have been told not to feel guilty, and I am just now getting over that feeling. I see how this new job will benefit me and my wife and know this is what is best for us. It just makes sense for our future. It's a no-brainer, if you will.

I have been reading lately. I hope this semester that I get to read much more than normal. I mean, reading textbooks is fun, but I'd rather read something else personally. (Isn't it odd how I still refer to time off school as semesters - I wonder if I will ever stop that?)

Just some thoughts I had. No bother. I know it will turn out well.
But I do know one thing for certain - The Beatles just sound better on a Saturday morning...they're not hitting the spot today.

No comments: