8.21.2008

The Expiration of Summer


Here I am. The summer has but a few days til it expires and I have been enjoying some casual reading, casual napping (as opposed to formal napping), and casual working. I drove to school last week and purchased the books which my professors had assigned for the fall semester. I can't wait til the semester starts. I am taking 16 hours and have reduced my time at work to 34 hours to accommodate my school schedule which still give me health benefits.
I bet that it will be hard for me to sleep on Sunday before classes on Monday. Am I the only one whom has trouble falling asleep. Of course I mean among adults? I had this trouble when I was in elementary school and such. But this should not still be happening to me. It will most likely continue since I am going into education as my career. I have the opportunity to sign an early contract in Davidson County this February. This makes me rather excited, as it should.


I like to play music when I am doing things around the house. There's nothing like throwing on some fresh tunes while completing daily tasks. I have had two weeks without school where I worked my normal, non-school-accommodation schedule. This was very helpful for me since I've been barreling through the summer taking classes and trying to stay afloat.

It has been a good summer. I have enjoyed the time I have been able to spend with my wife. Our time has been limited because of our conflicting schedules. Luckily this pursuit is almost over and I will spend every night at home with her - this is truly the reward I am seeking. If you can find someone like that, then you are very lucky. And being able to realize you are lucky is a blessing.

No comments: