10.18.2006

Play Me a Song Mr. Ben Folds Man


In the process of completing my laundry I have stumbled across some information. From what I hear, Ben Folds is throwing an in-studio concert on the 24th of October. This, as exciting as it is, will be something I'll have to miss. I love Mr. Folds. Witty, prolific, and Nashvillian. The performance is for the release of his new LP which combines all his internet EPs and some b-sides. This sounds like it'll be good. They say some parts have been re-recorded and everything has been remastered. Sign me up.
Despite my future plans for today, which consist of mainly working, I have unearthed my Ben Folds collection and am listening to him right now.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Ben Folds Five was a great enesmble - a supergroup if you will. Everything seemed to melt together to create this pop masterpiece that has yet to be replicated. However, I think Ben Folds' solo work far supercedes his previous work. Maybe it's the Nashville air (as congested it may be) that has changed his production or maybe it's just him getting older.
I do know I enjoy Ben Folds.

There are a few guilty pleasures I enjoy in this life, Ben Folds is not one of them. He should be enjoyed by many more then presently do.

No comments: