10.19.2006

Six Feet Gone



Nathan was always meant for Brenda.
Community is something we as humans require. However, it is a hard for me to want community. I feel this way because sometimes I find myself seeking solace in a cup of coffee or a quiet hole in the library. I would much rather not bother myself, or others for that matter, with mere talking. Sometimes I feel like I need no other humans to keep me sane. Better yet, I would prefer it if no one bothered me with petty drama (which thankfully does not exist much in my life), boring conversations which lead nowhere, or a person's constant need for fulfillment through mere presence.

Community is complicated. Community means people. And by association-people are complicated. This fact is obvious. This is what makes 'community' hard for me to grasp.

However, like I said before community is vital. I need the relationships I have in my life to keep me sane. As hard as I want to fight it, I can't get away from these people in my life. Maybe I'm done adding friends in my life. Maybe this is a reaction to the fact that I don't get to see all the friends I have very often.
This is my observation nonetheless.

I would like to think I do not need anyone else. Or think that I am self-sufficent. But this is not the case. God built us to require others. He built us to need Him. He instilled a need for community in us because He knew we would be lonely otherwise. He created Eve because Adam was lonely.
This is something I can live with. For the time being, I don't mind community at all.

No comments: