10.18.2006

Digging Deeper Into The K-onspiracy



The power punk-pop-prowess (try saying that three times fast) of fabled band Relient K is coming to a head, so to speak.
I was very excited to hear about a new project by these fellows to be released in November by a teeny-tiny one-line ad on the back cover of the second latest issue of RELEVANT Magazine.
It simply stated:

NEW RELIENT K IN NOVEMBER

Now I admit Relient K has achieved a much higher status than I once would have believed they could. This fact alone however will not deter my joy of listening to them any time soon. Granted, Amanda knows every word to, I assume, every song. This is a talent I have yet to acquire. I can sing you all the separate parts (in their proper key, mind you) but lyrics never have really been my thing. Now I am moved by lyrical expression, but the memorization thereof is quite impossible for me. I begin to make up lyrics, hum, sing the guitar solo to make up for my inadequacy.

I was researching the Relient K website last night to see they are pushing back the release til February. This is sad. I will say that have yet to see any press for this release which scared me. Relient K are on Capitol Records, a big budget record company - no press made no sense.

But I digress.
It will be titled Five Score and Seven Years Ago.
I am excited about this record. I was hoping to take it for the plane flight/car ride on the honeymoon, but this will not come to pass.
Until then I will have to settle with the new Copeland releasing on Oct. 31 Eat, Sleep Repeat.
Have a pleasant afternoon.


http://relientk.com/blog.aspx
http://zilchonline.com/journal.htm

No comments: